Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another day in Africa

It's been a few days since my last post. Lisa and Kylee left yesterday. I am feeling a little discouraged...It's funny how Satan has a way of getting involved in things of God. I think in every trip I have been on there seems to be conflict before the end. All the good that was done in such a short time could just easily be taken just like that. Relationships damaged. Why do we listen to evil? I walk around this place and I see these people filled with joy and happiness all the time! I don't know why it's so easy for me to fall away from what I know to be truth. I am sad that things were left the way they were. But I pray that someday the broken and damaged will be mended. We need to be focused people. There is no time to mess with darkness! There is no time to ignore the call of the Lord! We need to stop listening to the devil before it's to late.

Now that I got that out of my system...My friends Vallorie and Vernessa left today. They went back to school to finish their teaching degrees. They are such great people! I had so much fun getting to know them. It was bitter sweet to see them leave. Like I said Lisa and Kylee left yesterday. Right before they left Jenni came! She is an old student of Deb's (one of the researchers that was here researching the milk and medicine program). I'm excited to get to know her. She'll be here for a week. Tomorrow we are going to the House of Martha. I am going to take my video camera and see if I can't get them to tell me their stories. The distribution of the Milk and medicine might be tomorrow too. we aren't really sure when that is. But I'm so excited to see that. They also got jackets for all the children they support. It's going to be an amazing experience!

At church on Sunday They read from 2 Peter....or so thought. I'm not really sure where it was but I was looking for it and stumbled across 2 Peter Ch 1 verses 5-7. It says: "For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love." It kind of made me think and reflect about my life and the way I treat people. That all people and things belong to Jesus. And Jesus gave his very life because He loved us so much. I don't really know what to do at this point. Focus. I am trying so hard to stay focused on what I came here for. Am soaking it all in, and learning so that I can use the information for the good. I will share with whoever will listen what I have learned. I want to spread this news. I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus. It's not an idea. It's not a thought. This is real life and I want to do all things for the glory of the Lord!

I miss you all and can't wait to share!

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment