Friday, April 24, 2009

Change!

So I got to thinking yesterday... I got really frustrated with the House of Moses. Not the babies or the staff, but more the way it's being run. This house is a little piece of Heaven. The babies are like little angels! I think that it was a mistake for an American to come in here and do what has been done. There is a sitting room about the size of the rest of the house. It is used for the adults to sit and eat. The staff has to ask permission to come in this room. The director is here only 3 months out of the year. Yet she has her own sepperate wing. In my mind these need the resources to do this. Not to be treated like slaves to an American. It seems like the needs of these babies are being over looked. We kill roaches everyday in the nurseries. It didn't seem to matter to the director. There were more important things to be done then to have the room sprayed, or to even think twice about what was just said. I give these woman a lot of credit. They work hard as care givers to these children. The oldest of the todler aged kids is almost 3. She is not even close to being potty trained, and she can't talk. It seems like if there were more people here with them, talking to them, getting them out of there cribs to play. They are in them ALL the time. It breaks my heart! I can totally see where it would be difficult for these women. not many of them can walk. They should be walking by now! One baby in particular can't stretch out his legs. He came to the house very malnurished and sick. But a little work and attention on his legs would improve that mobility!

I just get so frustrated. Some changes seem to be so need and so easy to do! They are being done. Like getting a litte table for them to sit at instead of eating on the floor with the bugs. There little clothes are so torn and so used. I can't dwell on this to much...I get so sad for them.

Brian is my baby. He is the shy one. He stays out if trouble and is so quiet. Sometimes he gets overlooked because he isn't causing trouble to get attention. He is a beautiful boy! I learned today that his mother was only 11 when she had him...I can't even imagine.

I had this idea to make name tags. The babies are just thrown in clothes so it gets really hard sometimes to tell the difference between boy and girl. I don't know all their names yet, so I thought it would be a good and easy way to learn them. I think I'll do that tomorrow.

Chaminuka was incredible! It was beautiful! The animals were great. The food was good! We went horse back riding and on a boat ride. It was the real Africa. The air here is so fresh and wonderful. I can't get enough of it.

My heart still breaks for theses people. Pray for them and there situations, and especially for the little ones that are in the hospital.

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment