Saturday, April 18, 2009

Made it!

We finally made it! It was such a long trip...It's 4:31 in MI and 11:31 in Zambia. I'm whipped!

I left Chase Friday morning at 7:30. Our flight left Detroit at 2:50 p.m.. It took just about forever to get all out bags checked...not to mention the fact that Lisa had one bag full of donations that as going to cost $125 to check. So we filled the other bags as full as possible so we could get it all here. My carry in bags ended up being chucked full bottles, nipples, pacifiers, onsies, and receiving blankets. We got on this tiny plane to Washington D.C.. That was a trip!! I might have been the only one that didn't fall ill on that one. I'm convinced that it was because I had some club soda to drink! We found our next gate and got right back on after like 5 minutes of waiting. The next plane was HUGE! I had never seen anything like it! They served us beef and potatoes for dinner, and it rocked! Which could have been beacuse I was starving. That flight took 16 hours. It was a little rough...Lets just say I'm glad to have the feeling back in my extremeties. We landed in Johanesberg and had a 5 hour layoever. It was boring and we were all exsausted. Plus pulling all my stuff around was doing a number on my arms. We finally made to Lusaka! Of coarse it's night time here, but I know it's beautiful! The whether is just perfect. I got a kick out of all the local guys in winter jackets. It took forever to get threw customs and get our visas but we eventually made to the house.

Everyone was so happy to see us! They were all so sweet! Kylee was so anxsious to give all the babies there new toys we brought. She was devistated to find out they were all asleep! Miss Sandra let her go look and to her dissmay one just happened to be awake! Lisa and I went to check it out, and on the way killed a giant bug. We walked in to see Kylee holding the smallest baby I have ever seen. The baby was wrapped in a pink blanket, and had on a pink hat. We were all very confused to find out her name was Jacob...He was eating while his twin brother, Valentine was sound asleep.

I can't wait to meet all the babies tomorrow! Plus I have a feeling that Church is going to be amazing! Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Love,
Kylie

P.S. Mom, Dad, and Kurt I miss you more then you could ever know! It's weird to think I'm so far away...I'll talk to you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Great update! I'm so glad to follow your trip online. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete